Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not the typical...

Nothing profound today.. just a thought.

"If you feel you have been excluded from the Bible, please write your way back into it."

That's what a Scottish gallery is encouraging visitors to do.


Read the article, and if you can, the comments. Post your thoughts.

Is it art? Is it sacrilegious? What needs to be said of the people participating in the exhibit, if anything? What else do you think about this exhibit?

I hope that we as adults can get along here. Play nice. No arguing.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Interesting. I agree with the comments about the Koran, people would be up in arms if someone defaced that. But, I can see the point of having people share their opinions about the Bible. I write in mine all the time, thoughts, underlining, etc. Thats not defacing, however if there really are exibits of people riping out pages, it's going too far. I love art, and like random odd art, but I think its outlandish and wrong to do that to the Bible. If people were just writing comments, I don't think it would be as conflicting.