Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Early to bed and early to rise..

I've noticed something in the passing years. Something that I never truly equated until the past week.

The closer I am with God, the cleaner my house is.

Yes, I'm serious. But does this come from an actual spiritual principle? Well it just so happens in my reading Galatians today I noticed something a little more closely.

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Thereis no law against these things!" (Gal 5:22-23)

I understand generally our spiritual discipline is something that is indicative of our relationship with God, but what about the stewardship of the earthly things God has given to us? Self-control? I would have never thought when I was younger that this spiritual principle included maybe going to bed at a reasonable hour so you're well rested to be energetic and a good missionary and encouragement at your job. Maybe it includes a clean car to offer comfortable transportation to the needy. Maybe a clean house to be hospitable to those who have nowhere to go? Maybe instead of eating out, going grocery shopping to have more food for whoever is hungry.

Where are you exercising self-control? Where is your sacrifice, or your meekness? You can tell alot about a person by how clean their room is, apparently.

No comments: