Friday, July 24, 2009

My mommy said never talk to strangers..

Here are some of the dumbest questions in the world:

What Pokemon are you? Could you survive a Zombie infection? Are you a potato? How asian are you? How fat will you be in 20 years? How many seconds will you last in a fight against Chuck Norris? What Crayon Color are you? What kind of librarian are you? Are you a mac or a PC? Which Hogwarts teacher are you?

That's right. Facebook quizzes. EVERYBODY hates them. If you don't, I probably blocked 99% of what you put on my minifeed. Not because I don't love you, but because these quizzes should be fairly easy!
Are you a potato? No! You have fingers to click on this quiz, potatoes don't have fingers!
How asian are you? "I'm asian." You are asian!
What kind of librarian are you? "I'm a janitor" The not-librarian kind of librarian!!!

By no means am I about to go on to say "If you fill out facebook quizzes you don't love Jesus." It's a non-necessary social networking cite. I have the log in my eye too, don't worry.

However, the massive amounts of quizzes does lead me to believe that we're quickly forgetting who we are. Ephesians 2 says: So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God's holy people. You are members of God's family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself." (verse 19-20)

Some of you have that feeling of not feeling like you belong, even with your own family. I'm sure there are people out there who do take facebook quizzes just to feel like they're as famous as their favorite celebrity/pokemon/zombie (I'm finding research that says they're all the same). Or when they're in a relationship they know is wrong, that facebook says they are loved and will be together forever. It's rough to see that quiz pop up and then see them break up a week later (sorry if you're one of those).

Why don't we just stand content in ourselves, as Paul says earlier in the chapter, "For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus". That's a family I'm very comfortable to be a part of.

No comments: