Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2 - "As surely as the sun will rise, You'll come to us! As certain as the dawn appears!"

For those just joining us, read Day 1's caveat.

I never recommend playing bible roulette. That is, flipping your bible wildly and dropping your finger like some spirit-led anchor believing that wherever you land is where God needs to speak to you specifically.

However, I must say that if you happen to be listening to a song running through your queue on Youtube, you open your bible to your ribbon (please someone correct me if I'm not calling it by some proper classy name that I've never heard of) and your eyes drop immediately to words that seem to answer what is being sung through your aforementioned queue, you've got a winner.

The words I am talking about are "come" and "call". The song was singing the phrase in the title. The song is below


The words being read from Psalm 141:1-2 were eerie in their request:
"LORD, I call upon You; hasten to me. Give ear to my voice when I cry to you. Let my prayer be set forth as incense before You, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice."
See today I sent a text message to a close friend saying about me being stressed but that I was focused on Jesus, but I knew there were waves beneath me, I just had to stay focused on Jesus. If Peter couldn't do it, did you really think for a moment I could? I started sinking at about 1:30 thinking about all I have to do tomorrow and I remembered my friends advice about being stressed... "Stop it".

I managed to call out in that moment and felt the pull of Jesus putting me back on my feet. I couldn't last the whole day though. I don't think I could have said the sentence "Thank you for getting me back on my feet". Before the "T" in "Feet" I would have already transitioned to "But what about the waves?!" and I promptly sunk for the day before arriving home and subsequently at Psalm 141.

I may not be perfect, but I know that when we call, God comes. I hope that when I wake up tomorrow that the first thing in my mind is "I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon You, LORD" because He will come. Hopefully I will remember that tomorrow. After all, as we learned yesterday... it may not be the prettiest thing you'll ever see, but it's a new day.

Oh baby, it's a new day.

No comments: