Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 8 - "Our God reigns!!! Forever Your kingdom reigns!!"

For those just joining us, read Day 1's caveat.

I have a bad memory, specifically short term. I forget about what God has done. Forgetting is a big part of why I write things down. God has used it in so many occasions though to bring Himself glory, though. I realized this when I was reviewing things I had written in this blog just two years ago (specifically the story of Norman, who you can read about here).

God brought the phrase "Your throne is immemorial" to mind today after the following song came on my Charlie Hall Pandora station. Granted, I did not know the spiritual tangent and subsequent high that I would find myself going through in the middle of Panera Bread hours later....
Psalm 93:2-4: "Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting. The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up the roaring of their waves. The Lord on high is mightier and more glorious than the noise of many waters, yes, than the mighty breakers and waves of the sea!"
(Warning: If you do not get chills down your spine by how beautiful, exciting, and worshipful this is, you and I have very different personalities)

No comments: