Monday, May 11, 2009

Hey, everything's right tonight.

Here's an excerpt from what God gave me today:

 - Praise the Lord!  I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people.
 - Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.  High righteousness never fails.
 - He gives food to those who trust him; he always remembers his covenant
 - He has paid a full ransom for his people.  He has guaranteed his covenant with them forever.  what a holy, awe-inspiring name he has!
 - When darkness overtakes the godly, light will come bursting in.  They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.
 - Such people will not be overcome by evil circumstances.  Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
 - They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.
 - They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.

So far this calender year and continuing on into the end of the summer, I'm looking at my best friend (the man to your left of me in the picture) moving from my home here in Virginia to Jacksonville, FL, along with numerous other friends whom have graduated college this semester, who happens to be getting married as well, along with numerous others whom I have spent a lot of time with over the past 4 years.

The #1 thing God has been teaching me lately is that if I'm not content where I am, I will not be content if something changes.  If I'm sitting at home lamenting I have nothing to do, then I will not be happy if somebody calls me to go to a party (the legit kind, not the drunken kinds, kiddos) or see a movie.  If I am with people and I'm not enjoying my time, I'm not going to be more content setting things on fire or shooting off fireworks with them.

Ultimately, if I'm not content coming home to an empty house, with no comfort, no conversation, and no warmth, when will I ever be content?

Today I was excited to come home.  If nothing else but the warmth of my bed and God-given rest, I was excited.  Maybe there's something inherently wrong with me (as I sit here with dress pants, a t-shirt and sandals on if any indication of my level of normalcy), but with nothing else to bank on for the rest of my life but what the wonderful fellowship I experience on Sunday mornings at Thomas Road and the camaraderie of the people I work with at Liberty University Online, I would say I'm content.

The most important part I would say in the contentedness I have found is trying to remember who God has made me.  It's also been the hardest part.  Amos Lee has a good addendum to this......

Sometimes we forget who we got, who they are.  Oh, who they're not.  There is so much more in love, than black and white.  Keep it loose child, gotta keep it tight. - "Keep it loose, Keep it tight"

1 comment:

savedbythecrxss said...

That was probably one of the most encouraging/inspiring things ive read in a long time. especially the part where you were talking about how if you aren't content in the situation you are in now, you won't actually truly be content in any situation. the past couple days ive really missed all of yall at liberty, especially when im in my tiny row house in the middle of what should be called ghettosville new jersey where every guy on the street gives me creepy looks every time i walk outside. almost all of my friends that i actually like are in lynchburg or other parts of the world and most i'll never see again, especially once i go to the DR. But i have to remember that i don't need even one person to be happy, because I know that jesus is not just my God, he's my best friend, and because He's always here i don't need to be lonely or unhappy in my present situation. im def glad i read ur blog/note thing or w/e u call it. awesome words of wisdom hahaha.

Natalie